I did not like them at all in the beginning . But now they are my favorite!
Im gonna show some examples-because Im super visual .
then Im gonna give you a step by step-
Items needed- Gel (pink or green) you can but a gallon for cheap at an ethnic store. Rat tail comb, Hair clips, mirror , pin curl clips (see below)
on another note pin curl clips are amazing for making hair flowers!
|Pin curls by Rebecca Gohl/ photo Cleaver creations 2010|
- Get your hair completely wet
- section hair into sections/other wise you will get lost
- add the pink of green gel into on section at a time,this help me make sure i have completely cover all the hair
- make rows an inch think either vertically or horizontal sections- I usually start in the back - thats just me- Im gonna post examples
- you take your rat tail comb and take a tiny square piece over-directing if you want more volume- and fingering it around your finger until its smooth then use the clip to secure it This is difficult at first but if you keep on you will be able to do your own set by feel while you are watching tv.
- After all the c shaped curl are going the right direction and are ready -you can go on with your day or go under a hooded dryer.
Another way to do Pin curls -is with a curling iron
-I use a marcel Iron
-setting spray is a must-
*Kendra ,styling mist
*Hot sets, by Redkin
both work really well but I find it depends on hair texture
|pin curls/ over directed|
|here is where I use hair pins while doing make up|